Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
AW2 ,Windows 10 ,computer freezing
        Total Views: 11508 - Total Replies: 13
Apr 13 2017, 8:41 am - By Hibees
Hibees

Is anybody else having their computer freezing during Gameplay of AW2 ?  

all stress tests passed on graphics card and all updates up to date, is game just not able to run on Win 10?

System  win10 Home 64 bit
CPU  AMD FX-9590 , 8 Core
RAM 16GB DDR3 802Mhz
Asus Motherboard Sabretooth 990FX
Graphics 2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 960

Apr 13 2017, 6:27 pm - Replied by: VeryStableGenius
VeryStableGenius

Try deleting the files from C: Users YOURUSERNAME AppData Local VirtualStore Program Files (x86) NovaLogic

DO NOT START THE GAME YET.

Go to your C:Program Files (x86) folder and right click your NovaLogic folder. Click the Security tab and click "Edit..." Scroll to and select "Users (YOURUSERNAME Users)" and click the Allow checkbox for Full control. Press OK twice.

Then try launching the game. Please let me know if this worked or not.
Apr 14 2017, 2:22 am - Replied by: Hibees
Hibees

I can find no such folder on my Computer "no virtual folder" but I carried out step two and so far so good , no freezes in 6 maps 5 hours play , seems to have done the trick ,thank you

Apr 14 2017, 3:42 pm - Replied by: VeryStableGenius
VeryStableGenius

When you're in File Explorer, you may have to click the View tab and then select the Hidden items checkbox in order to view your AppData folder and the files in it.

Glad to hear it works regardless.
Apr 15 2017, 2:47 pm - Replied by: Hibees
Hibees

Finally had to go looking for Appdata folder after freezing again today , finally found it ,does not help its hidden lol , carried out instructions so find out tomorrow if its worked ,will let you know . And it only brings up roaming ,you still have to change to local to bring up Novalogic folder lol but done now

Apr 17 2017, 1:01 pm - Replied by: Hibees
Hibees

Quick way to find folders type %appdata% in your start search bar,  and change roaming to local ,select virtualstore folder, click on x86 folder,select advanced warfare and Novalogic folders and delete contents ,just to be sure i selected Nvidia folder as well and deleted contents , all seems to be ok , thanks x-Psych

May 28 2017, 8:36 am - Replied by: Hibees
Hibees

Nah still freezing ,think its win10 ,may have to go back to win7

May 29 2017, 5:14 pm - Replied by: VeryStableGenius
VeryStableGenius

I don't think that will be necessary. When you go into your Joint Operations folder, do you a see a file named "game" or "game.cfg" in there?
Jun 02 2017, 3:34 am - Replied by: Hibees
Hibees

Yes , Game.cfg

Jun 03 2017, 5:45 pm - Replied by: VeryStableGenius
VeryStableGenius

Hmm, that is really weird. Maybe try reinstalling the game and then following all those steps. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Build 1607 and I haven't had any issues since I made those changes, so it must be something small that we're missing. I just can't think of what it could be.
Jun 04 2017, 4:15 am - Replied by: Hibees
Hibees

Yes even have players still on win. 7 & x.p. saying the same happens to them , strange indeed, will try full re-install ,fingers crossed

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc