Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
Automatically start Joint Ops after restart?
        Total Views: 1382 - Total Replies: 5
Jul 21 2018, 9:21 pm - By VeryStableGenius
VeryStableGenius

Hi all,

Has anyone found a way to have a JO server automatically start itself back up after a server restart? Since Microsoft requires a restart every Patch Tuesday, all of my servers go down until I manually log in and restart them. Any help would be appreciated.
Jul 22 2018, 4:30 am - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

Yip, although its a bit of a fudge with batch and blind auto hotkey scripting to manipulate the gui.

The servers fully automated from boot, jo servers, map rotation loading, crash monitoring, map auto recyling, rat chat message injection, etc

If your comfortable with batch rewites and being able to recomplie and adjust autohotkey scripts drop me a pm.
Jul 22 2018, 10:32 am - Replied by: VeryStableGenius
VeryStableGenius

I tested that with a PowerShell script a few months ago. When I added it to Task Scheduler, it didn't work because it required an active console session to work. I even had Autologon installed and that didn't work either.

Does your method work for you? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Jul 22 2018, 10:56 am - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

You would need an active session, if your virtualising the server eg vbox or what ever, use the host vbox rdp or display system to connect to the host and not connecting directly to the host using rdp.

Personally as im bear metal, i just use vnc in the internal lan and hence keep the active session as it is.

Your alternative if you want to do it remotely would to throw openvpn on to make the connection in using vnc then.

The alternative i guess would be to use a multi user (terminal server) patch on the server, run the game servers on one user that auto logins and keeps the active session and then a second user that connects in over rdp and then connects to the active session over the loopback.
Jul 23 2018, 11:20 am - Replied by: Ron.
Ron.

It's incredible how these 3 thieves monopolizing this non admin forum.
plazma, x psich ting and moxee ........
They are the "most wanted" into the market place of black hackers .....
Giving here technical details of love.....

...........Take care
NOVA users .............
Jul 23 2018, 5:16 pm - Replied by: VeryStableGenius
VeryStableGenius

Hopefully someone at NovaHQ with some programming talent will be able to figure this out one day, I can really see a startup script that does this being beneficial. 

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc