Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
Main Forum Index » Support Forums » General Support Discussions » Support for specific games
Sub-Forum Joint Operations
Topic What do this mean?
What do this mean?
        Total Views: 3703 - Total Replies: 6
Feb 11 2019, 12:22 pm - By Sweed --SoJ--
Sweed --SoJ--

I have installed the original JO, so i can play Advanced Warfare 2 mod,,
But sometimes i want to play against other players ,so i installed Joint Operations Combined Gold to an other map in this poor computer,,but i get this message when i want to join a server------THE SERVER IS REQUISTING MORE INFORMATION--
What does that mean.
Thanks for every suggestion or answer you contribute with..
Feb 12 2019, 2:28 pm - Replied by: Kpax -NS-
Kpax -NS-

JO combined needs to be installed differently

Look to awmod.com 

The Captain had come up with a way to install combined arms in a way that will work with the mod.

Feb 12 2019, 2:54 pm - Replied by: Kpax -NS-
Kpax -NS-

On second thought, it can't be done.

I checked at awmod and got this:

Where can I buy Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising?

Amazon or Ebay starting usually at only 3$.

Note: The Steam store currently only has the Combined Arms Gold edition and that does not work that we know of.

Sorry.....!

You might want to contact Captain at awmod.com

Feb 12 2019, 3:54 pm - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

actually the steam version can be made to work with aw2 just fine, i know a load of people who are using this, with a little patch prior to aw2 install.

sadly the original creator of aw2 never officially patched their installer for the steam version.

but maybe the original poster can clarify better, he has the original jo installed, aw2 installed and also the steam combined arms version installed from what i understand. but fails to say what version they are using to join what server. the aw2 if updated fully will be able to join aw2 servers only, steam will join all tr and esc servers and assuming you have the original game installed without the esc pack all this will play is tr servers if updated properly, obviously additional mods complicates this further. but if you can confirm which version your using to connect to what server maybe i can offer more help.
Feb 13 2019, 1:11 pm - Replied by: Sweed --SoJ--
Sweed --SoJ--

Thanks for the answers,,but,the problem is not AW2 ,it works fine,i can play offline and online,but JOGC (Joint Operations Combined Gold) will not work when i want to join a mod free JO server online,,but ill figure it out when i get desperat,,i know it will work if i uninstall original joint operations.

Thank you.
Feb 13 2019, 2:36 pm - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

The Steam versions of JOCAG is already fully upto date, however your issue maybe which icon your launching the game using.

Try launching the game manually by finding the steam jocag folder and double clicking jointops.exe, if it works then simply create a shortcut to this and you can bypass launching it using steam. 

My guess is when your trying to connect to a stock jotr or joesc server its not using the jocag launcher, once aw2 is installed you can remove the cd install off jo and aw2 should still work fine (it only checks on install) and then continue to use jocag.
Feb 15 2019, 2:41 pm - Replied by: Sweed --SoJ--
Sweed --SoJ--

PLAzmA wrote:
The Steam versions of JOCAG is already fully upto date, however your issue maybe which icon your launching the game using.

Try launching the game manually by finding the steam jocag folder and double clicking jointops.exe, if it works then simply create a shortcut to this and you can bypass launching it using steam. 

My guess is when your trying to connect to a stock jotr or joesc server its not using the jocag launcher, once aw2 is installed you can remove the cd install off jo and aw2 should still work fine (it only checks on install) and then continue to use jocag.
 Thank you PLAzmA ,your advice works.

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc