Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
Main Forum Index » Support Forums » General Support Discussions » Support for specific games
Sub-Forum Joint Operations
Topic IC map crash
IC map crash
        Total Views: 3406 - Total Replies: 8
Oct 11 2018, 3:22 pm - By TheWad
TheWad

When I serve and play a map ,the first map finishes,the next map,no matter which map I start with or put next will crash. The screen will freeze and I have to go out and click close program. I have cleared the cache in Tphoon rising AW2 etc.
Oct 12 2018, 5:13 am - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

You have also installed the 4.4.1 update right?

And your using the 1.6.9 exe to host from, you can only play with the 1.7.x exe not host.

Im not sure how it works if you serve and play, our server runs in serve only mode, like all aw2 servers it does take much longer to load the next map compared to the stock mods due to the massive number of additional assets in aw2.

Also when you say you cleared the cache in "Tphoon rising AW2" the AW2 version does not live in the the "Typhoon Rising" folder, its in its own separate folder completely as its essentially a stand alone version of the game. Although the cache folder as far as im aware is only caching the assets used for login and the lobby and would not have any bearing on the map loading issue.
Oct 12 2018, 11:53 am - Replied by: TheWad
TheWad

International Conflict is reference in topic sir . I am not having problems with AW2
Oct 12 2018, 2:05 pm - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

sorry i didnt see the topic is when you said you had cleared the cache in aw2 that threw me.

what version of ic do you have installed.
Oct 12 2018, 3:51 pm - Replied by: TheWad
TheWad

I have typhoon rising updated to 1.7.5.7 and Ic running 4.1.8.0 
Oct 13 2018, 2:59 am - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

In which case you have the correct versions.

Does your main Joint operations folder contain a game.wac file? 

Does this happen if you were to select two stock maps and nothing else.

The other thing i would do is to launch jointops.exe as an administrator and see if this has any impact.
Oct 13 2018, 11:49 am - Replied by: TheWad
TheWad

No .wac file found. I have been hosting for a while and this started about two weeks ago. I have not ran any stock maps as I am sure they would run properly and I probably would not attract players to test that theory. I made a back up of my hard drive that contains the joint ops folder awhile back and as a last resort I will over write the existing and go from there . Thank you for your responses to this problem
Oct 13 2018, 2:55 pm - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

If it was working and its stopped and you made no changes, i would probably try pulling your backup copy back as you said.

However i would probably run a chkdsk on the machine:

chkdsk c: /f /v/ /b

And also run memtestx86 from a boot cd/usb through to check the memory over.

This way you can be sure its not a drive crc/seek error or ram gone bad causing the issue.
Oct 13 2018, 6:18 pm - Replied by: TheWad
TheWad

I have a SHD so I know it not a drive issue as I have no problems with any other application and Memory is good also. I did run a chkdsk and no problems found. At this point I an thinking the maps loaded are for the version before the Typhoon Rising update to 1.7.5.7 and maybe that is the issue. Another player I know downloaded some IC maps and is also having problems. Only thing left is to uninstall TR and try without the update but for now I am not ready to do so. If I do I will post results here.

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc