Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
Update after reinstall cant log into gateway server error
        Total Views: 10562 - Total Replies: 16
Dec 27 2017, 10:55 am - By KwaiChangCaine
KwaiChangCaine

can u help - after re-install wndows and Joint OPs I get 'Timeout error and cannot log into gateway server'.

Dec 27 2017, 5:12 pm - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

What version do you have, im going to assume the cd version, after installing make sure you download and install the update from here for your correct language.

After that run the update in game and you should be good.

Also if your installing jotr and esc, install them first and then run the update from above, then the in game update and you should be right.

Alternatively if you have combine arms, you can also uninstall and then re-install using the installer from here, its the later combine arms installer.

Finally if your running windows 7 or higher, you may want to adjust the icon it uses to launch the game so it runs as administrator, you dont have to but you will find that you dont get any ping response times for any of the servers unless you do, although the game will still run perfectly fine. To adjust it, see step 2 here, the same thing is required for win8 or win10, the options will be the same.

:)
Dec 27 2017, 8:22 pm - Replied by: KwaiChangCaine
KwaiChangCaine

Thank you it mostly worked. It is the CD version no upgrades to escatation. Just JOTR. I installed the xx version from the website which worked, and enter as admin and can log in and go to CC's PLace to play. It did not request a futher upgrade. When I go into game it says I don't have correct version of the game. ..  ncc007 Myverison shows as 1.6.9
Dec 28 2017, 5:40 am - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

Try running the update option in game, it should take you to the 1.7.x version, if that doesnt work i can link you to the file versions you need to replace manually.

Although you only have jotr i belive you can still install other packs like the ic or ice pack, with the former being the more popular, also the aw2 mod would also work fine.
Jan 02 2018, 1:11 pm - Replied by: Topaxci  =CHI=
Topaxci  =CHI=

Hi.  I am having the same problem.  Had to re-install after a windows update messed me up and forced my hand into a clean windows install.  I'm getting timeout on the gateway for updates.  

Have Typhoon Rising and Expansion from a Combined Arms CD install.  Also installed the TIC mod.  v 1.6.9 for JO and 4.0.4 for the TIC mod.  

Have tried the Update file from elsewhere here which launches Update version 2.1.4.3 and tries server 1 port 4e4c but it still times out.  Also tried opening the UDP ports novaworld said for JO (32768, 49152, 64206, 7597) in the vauge hope that would work.  I have a full Admin account and have stopped all UAC messages. 

links to working update downlaods would be very much appreciated if you know where some are.

Jan 02 2018, 1:41 pm - Replied by: Topaxci  =CHI=
Topaxci  =CHI=

Ok found a solution.. upgrade here to 1.7.5.7: http://novahq.net/files.php?CategoryID=JOE&Type=File&Game=Joint%20Operations%20Escalations
Jan 02 2018, 3:11 pm - Replied by: KwaiChangCaine
KwaiChangCaine

I ran 1.6 patch update from the sitegiven, that worked okay.

Then put update.exe into folder

Tried the update but says error opening file despite downloading winzip. Extracted with win7 which gives some files but dont know where to put those. 

Tried update opening screen in-game with same Gateway problem.

1.7 has exact size as 1.6 and after running manually has no effect. 

Cleared cache and deleted at times

Still stuck version 1.6

Still no getting online any games.

Jan 02 2018, 5:02 pm - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

If you download the update i gave above, if novas update servers are offline you can then do the final update by getting the update exe file that Topaxci linked to and apply it manually after applying the patch i gave as between 1.6.9.2 and 1.7.5.7 the only difference is the exe file.
Jan 04 2018, 3:34 am - Replied by: ShemihazaH
ShemihazaH

You guys should write a novel about updating.

1) Run the installer from your ISO or CD
2) Download the update to 1.6.9.2 and run the .exe
3) Replace the 1.6.9.2 jointops .exe in your game directory with the 1.7.5.7 jointops.exe

Btw, this issue is already fully covered in this thread.
Jan 04 2018, 3:48 pm - Replied by: KwaiChangCaine
KwaiChangCaine

Thank you for the thread link, but there is one issue: 

2. Run it. When it asks for a file, choose your Joint Ops exe file. It is titled "Jointops.exe" in your NovaLogic folder under "Joint Operations Typhoon Rising".

which I cannot do. There is an option to choose a directory folder, but not an exe. file.

Have tried the other methods fully as given above and no-go.
My internet connection or chipset drivers or some such must be the problem because was working properly before the Win7 reinstall.

I will try to be patient, and wait 'til the mud settles and the water clears

Jan 05 2018, 8:23 am - Replied by: Polly anna
Polly anna

Hmmmm thanks everyone. Managed to get everything going again but have some new in-compatibility with my video card. Now I get an annoying and constant flicker in the top quarter of my screen whilst in game... never happened before and not happening anywhere else on my puter, just in game at nova ?   any ideas ?

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc