Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
Anyone having issues with WolfRAT?
        Total Views: 19371 - Total Replies: 5
May 26 2020, 1:57 am - By Lt. Buck Compton  <:BOB:>
Lt. Buck Compton  <:BOB:>

I am getting syntax errors when I upgraded to Win 10. Anyone know of a quick fix, not a programmer, just a user. Reinstall did not work, compatability change did not work. I know its and old program, but worked fine with Win 7 with compatability set to Win XP service pack 3. 

What this means is that I cannot send in game chat's to teams/players. If I kick someone it doesn't poplulate the announcement such as "Player Punted for team killing" or "Next map is........."   or set a series of message to send while game is playing etc. Each instance shows "RAT syntax error" in the lower box on the main RAT screen. 

Thanks peeps.
Grenade onto others as you would have them grenade onto you...........If you're gonna knock down my front door you'd better bring EVERYBODY!! You heard me...you better bring everthing at your disposal. BLOOD WILL BE SHED!!. LMAO!!
May 26 2020, 2:59 am - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

From what i can make out wolfrat uses older windows runtimes (probably visual basic 6 or something of that era), so you maybe out of luck on windows 10.

The guy who originally wrote it here i think:

However i very much doubt he would fix it/update it for windows 10, but you could ask if he knows what the error is.

Your best option would probably to run a windows xp or 7 virtual pc under something like virtualbox and then run wolfrat in that instead.
May 27 2020, 8:49 am - Replied by: TheWraith  -PxP-
TheWraith  -PxP-

This does not pertain to windows 10 but...
I run Wolfrat on my Windows 8.1 laptop with no issues.

This may or may not be a work around for you.

As older Windows 8.0 laptops can be had fairly cheap and Microsoft still supports and updates the OS.

Just a thought.
Jun 03 2020, 3:32 pm - Replied by: chopperprop  =TTG=
chopperprop  =TTG=

I use windows 10 with wolfrat- I made a folder and gave it admin permissions on another drive then install wolfrat .95 then drop the updated 1.03 file into that folder and unzip it there.then send to desktop create shortcut and right click on the shortcut and give it admon rights- then compatibility mode windows 7 and check the box run as administrator.

Jun 13 2020, 11:00 am - Replied by: Lt. Buck Compton  <:BOB:>

Thanks everyone for respones.
Grenade onto others as you would have them grenade onto you...........If you're gonna knock down my front door you'd better bring EVERYBODY!! You heard me...you better bring everthing at your disposal. BLOOD WILL BE SHED!!. LMAO!!
Mar 11 2021, 9:39 am - Replied by: Lt. Buck Compton  <:BOB:>

In case anyone is still checking back. The problem was I had one too many F's in the admin settings (admin file in the game folder). If you have 3, the RAT doesn't recognize it. WOW! After carefully reading the Read Me file that comes with the download I realized my problem. Oi!

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc