Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
mission is too large:too much memory allocated - remove some objects types and re-export
        Total Views: 31431 - Total Replies: 11
Apr 21 2020, 3:38 pm - By TheWad
TheWad

getting this on a AW2 Map ,it will play LAN or Hosting on one pc but not on another pc. I noticed this in the past on some maps but did not try them on another pc . Anyone?
Apr 22 2020, 2:50 pm - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

Ive seen this reported on other AW2 maps, see:

Not 100% sure what gives the error, my guess might be down to video memory, one option would be to set a higher video texture compression setting under video settings, ultimately it maybe down to the map having too many assets trying to load into video ram, but thats just a guess, potentially editing the map and dropping the number of assets down might help to figure out if this is the issue.

On the system where it wont work what is the video memory, on the system that will run it load the map, minimise jo and run GPU-Z as i believe it shows you what the video memory that is used:

Also how much system ram is on the system that wont play it, typically aw2 uses around 240 - 400 meg of ram depending on the map, but this can vary a lot.

Also are both system using the same build/version of AW2, possibly rename the aw2 folder on the system that wont play the map to aw2.old or what ever and copy over the aw2 folder from the other system, does that have any effect?

Does the maps have any wav files associated with it, if so what sort of size are these?

Hope that helps track it down.
Apr 24 2020, 3:56 pm - Replied by: TheWad
TheWad

well the old system has Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS Total available graphics memory 2431 MB Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 1407 MB the newer system Display adapter type Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 Total available graphics memory 1824 MB Dedicated graphics memory 1888 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 1632 MB I don't see it being a video problem as the errors occur when running as serve and play or dedicatedI did however notice the newer machine is running AW2 1.6.9.2 and the older one is running 1.7.1.9I think this is the culprit but got to do a little experimenting. Both systems are running the same build of AW2None of the maps have wav files. Thanks for the reply and if I find the problem ,I will post it.
Apr 24 2020, 6:53 pm - Replied by: PLAzmA
PLAzmA

with aw2 you have to use v1.6.9.2 for hosting, use the aw2 launcher and switch it over and give it a shot.

you can play using the later build but not host, which systems the one with the issue, the system running 1.7.x or the 1.6.x version.

i forget the reason for this, but i know its required, but dont think it causes the issue your having, but its worth a pop.
May 04 2020, 6:59 am - Replied by: TheWad
TheWad

Tried using both versions of AW2 as well as using AW2 standard and Med Mod .Same result . I wish there were tools to fix these maps .Thanks for the replies I will keep looking for a solution.
May 10 2020, 3:46 pm - Replied by: Kpax -NS-
Kpax -NS-

Cleaning out the Novalogic game cache folder usually takes care of this problem, need to restart the game after cleaning cache.

The games cache not Windows cache!

Good luck!

May 11 2020, 4:44 am - Replied by: jabo1SFH
jabo1SFH

the map has too many different items causing too much memory to be used. if you made the map, go in and swap out several items for ones that are already in the map. this also happens if you use too many different bots in the maps as well in coops.

May 15 2020, 11:05 am - Replied by: TheWad
TheWad

cleaned cache before I posted this and Jabo , the maps in question actually load and play on one pc but not the other . That is why I posted in the first place. If I knew anything about maps you bet I would do exactly what the popup on the screen stated. That would take care of a few maps I would like to play.
May 21 2020, 10:57 am - Replied by: TheWad
TheWad

Finally found the solution to my problem. I ran the map and got the error on the pc that was running it flawlessly. The only thing I had changed on this pc was I had added other maps to the 4.40 folder that contains all the maps. I created another folder and removed some maps from the 4.40 folder and put them in the folder I created inside 4.40 folder. Map loaded and played with no problem. Terminated AW2 program , copied all the files from the folder I had created and placed them back inside the 4.40 folder. Started AW2 ,Map tossed up the error: mission is too large:too much memory allocated - remove some objects types and re-export. It is my guess the maps are reading other files from other maps and are combining them related to the map in play therefore creating the error. Hope anyone reading that are having this problem try what I did and are successful.
May 22 2020, 4:18 pm - Replied by: TheWraith  -PxP-
TheWraith  -PxP-

TheWad wrote:
Finally found the solution to my problem. I ran the map and got the error on the pc that was running it flawlessly. The only thing I had changed on this pc was I had added other maps to the 4.40 folder that contains all the maps. I created another folder and removed some maps from the 4.40 folder and put them in the folder I created inside 4.40 folder. Map loaded and played with no problem. Terminated AW2 program , copied all the files from the folder I had created and placed them back inside the 4.40 folder. Started AW2 ,Map tossed up the error: mission is too large:too much memory allocated - remove some objects types and re-export. It is my guess the maps are reading other files from other maps and are combining them related to the map in play therefore creating the error. Hope anyone reading that are having this problem try what I did and are successful.

Thank you for posting what you done to solve this.
Apr 19 2021, 11:03 am - Replied by: jabo1SFH
jabo1SFH

TheWad wrote:
Finally found the solution to my problem. I ran the map and got the error on the pc that was running it flawlessly. The only thing I had changed on this pc was I had added other maps to the 4.40 folder that contains all the maps. I created another folder and removed some maps from the 4.40 folder and put them in the folder I created inside 4.40 folder. Map loaded and played with no problem. Terminated AW2 program , copied all the files from the folder I had created and placed them back inside the 4.40 folder. Started AW2 ,Map tossed up the error: mission is too large:too much memory allocated - remove some objects types and re-export. It is my guess the maps are reading other files from other maps and are combining them related to the map in play therefore creating the error. Hope anyone reading that are having this problem try what I did and are successful.

glad you fixed this issue, but this type of problem is a coding error within the mod itself and needs to be addressed. i realize that aw2 people have moved on, but if someone can find the offending issue, please fix it and issue an update.

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc