Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
DF Xtreme install "blocked"
        Total Views: 26293 - Total Replies: 10
Dec 19 2010, 7:37 am - By dontseetoowell
dontseetoowell

I purchased DF Xtreme online, downloaded and installed without apparent issue, including inserting the emailed product code.

But when I try to start the program I get a Novalogic Product header error popup telling me: "This product was not installed using the provided installer. Please uninstall and reinstall".

Did that and no joy. Still get the popup. Can't use/play the program. However I am able to open the Mission Editor.

Who did what and why?

Dec 19 2010, 7:56 am - Replied by: sog.Ninjaman  .sog.
sog.Ninjaman  .sog.

Which online supplier did you buy it from?

Dec 19 2010, 8:02 am - Replied by: dontseetoowell
dontseetoowell

Novaworld online store. 

Figured it would be a safe and up to date version.

Thanx

Dec 19 2010, 10:08 am - Replied by: sog.Ninjaman  .sog.
sog.Ninjaman  .sog.

Try a PM to Wupass at Nova - perhaps your download was corrupt in some way.  Download again and try a fresh install?

Jan 02 2011, 1:07 pm - Replied by: jnaslund
jnaslund

Hi,

I bought my DF Extreme in a computer shop and i get the same message when i try to start the game. The strange thing is that i can install the game and in conjunction with the new install i can start the game. After that i get the message. If i then update the game it starts after the update is completed and i can play it.

After that i just keep getting the message.

In order to play again i have to uninstall, reboot(uninstaller requires this) and install again.

Any ideas anyone?

Best Rgs / Jan

Jan 02 2011, 1:38 pm - Replied by: Buutendieker
Buutendieker

If you are on Vista or Win7, try running the installer and the game as administrator.
Jan 12 2011, 2:12 pm - Replied by: sarouk1  =NW=
sarouk1  =NW=

Buutendieker wrote:
If you are on Vista or Win7, try running the installer and the game as administrator.

"This product was not installed using the provided installer. Please uninstall and reinstall".

i think running as admin is right but i can't remember...........
it may be you have a virus. on a reboot the virus takes it over.
Nov 18 2011, 4:55 pm - Replied by: PXP WINGNUT  =PXP=
PXP WINGNUT  =PXP=

Hmmm . . . I can only suggest you unstall it and then search out your novalogic folder and remove it (delete it) I say this because uninstaller do not always remove all files and folders.  I strongly suggest you also run a registry cleaner, to before your next install.. and be sure all Novalogic folders and gone and any and all files and folder of DFX2 are also removed as well. I think you are having a few problems... one is registry key, other residual files and folders.

hope this helps . . .  A big plus is if you guys would post what systems your running would be nice . . .

As others have suggested run as administrator, Another important thing is this if your running a Vista or Win 7 be sure you can install a program on the system(run in Admin mod) .. also I you do not use novalogic for a download site then it's at your own risk . .

A hint for a good download is a sum checker this insures you have a complete package . . second is some times it takes a long time to download.. I would suggest to try late in the evening . . like 1 or 2 am . .  I run many platforms, and have downloaded my own DFX2 or many machines... never once have I had a problem using novalogic download system, , ( first release I run it at 2am  because of line traffic)

Good luck.

Feb 21 2016, 7:52 am - Replied by: PINK PANTHA
PINK PANTHA

Mine has just started doing the same today Sunday 21st feb 2016. If started in admin mode it is fine but this has never happened before, and i have had the game installed for years.

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc