Welcome Guest   Login or Create an account
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK US
FORUM
Main Forum Index » Support Forums » General Support Discussions » Support for specific games
Sub-Forum Joint Operations
Topic CD KEY
CD KEY
        Total Views: 16129 - Total Replies: 10
Jan 16 2011, 1:25 pm - By strider1234
strider1234

When you install jops and escalation you have to put the games cd key in,now i have a problem,i have 2 computers and i have 2x jops ans 2x escalation,the problem is ive mixed up my games and i do not know which is on my first computer,so is there a way you can see which cd key's are on the computer?

mike

Jan 16 2011, 2:05 pm - Replied by: sog.Ninjaman  .sog.
sog.Ninjaman  .sog.

strider1234 wrote:

When you install jops and escalation you have to put the games cd key in,now i have a problem,i have 2 computers and i have 2x jops ans 2x escalation,the problem is ive mixed up my games and i do not know which is on my first computer,so is there a way you can see which cd key's are on the computer?

No, you can't see the keys.

It should not make any difference, when you do the install of the game all the CD key is used for is to check that the CD you are installing from is a valid Nova CD.

Jan 25 2011, 7:02 am - Replied by: Mr. T. Kufu  =GMJ=
Mr. T. Kufu  =GMJ=

strider1234 wrote:

mike

Not necessary. The CD-keys can only be activate once and only once on your nova account. You can install the game on as many Pc´s you like to and play the game. But You can only use your nova game account on one PC at a time...

So as long you have your own game account, you can play on any pc that have one of your nova games install... Or just install your game/s on a "new" PC.

Remember You cannot reactivate a CD-Key again on nova. So if you still install from a old cd. You only need to type the CD-keys to reinstall the game... Just Close the web browser again, when it wants to go online to "re"activate the CD-key on nova.

I still got my JOTR and JOE CDs from 2004. But I now got the Joint Operations Combined Arms too... Joint Operations Typhoon Rising and the Joint Operations: Escalation together in one package.

Its Very easy to install, no need of any CD-Keys under the Installation. And it is full updated. You only need to add the "key" once, on your nova account. And its a Digital Download Edition, so you can download it at any time from "My Stuff" in your nova account.

Hope the info was usefull.

T kufu

We are not ready for DFAF. It's for our Grandkids.

Jan 25 2011, 10:13 am - Replied by: strider1234
strider1234

many thanks
Jan 26 2011, 8:29 pm - Replied by: Savage223-AOM-  -AOM-
Savage223-AOM-  -AOM-

Alright guys, old player here.  Bought a version from STEAM and, I think very mistakenly, added the cd key to my existing JO account.  I do want to play on two computers at the same time- the second purchase was so that my Son could play with me at the same time.  (Non LAN).

Now what?  It was only after I did this that I saw the note, "You can only have one key for one game on your account..." or something very similar.  Great.  Why the heck wouldn't the application PROHIBIT you from adding an additional key then????  FFS.

Any hints?

Jan 27 2011, 3:14 am - Replied by: sog.Ninjaman  .sog.
sog.Ninjaman  .sog.

Savage223-AOM- wrote:
Alright guys, old player here.  Bought a version from STEAM and, I think very mistakenly, added the cd key to my existing JO account.  I do want to play on two computers at the same time- the second purchase was so that my Son could play with me at the same time.  (Non LAN).

Now what?  It was only after I did this that I saw the note, "You can only have one key for one game on your account..." or something very similar.  Great.  Why the heck wouldn't the application PROHIBIT you from adding an additional key then????  FFS.

If you want to have your son play JO at the same time as you then your son will need his own Nova account - he needs to create one.

The Nova Account Settings page says: "You cannot have more than one key from the same game on the same Novaworld account." - note the "same game" bit.  If you had already got a JO CD key attached to your account before this purchase, it seems unlikely that you could have added this brand new JO key to your account as well.  I think Nova do this to make keeping track of players and accounts easier, multiple copies of games with different CD keys attached to 1 account PCID would be very hard to manage.

First thing to try is:  get your son to make a Nova account and then try adding the new CD key to his account.  If it goes through ok and is accepted then you are sorted. 

Let us know if this works.

Jan 27 2011, 7:20 am - Replied by: SassyTz
SassyTz

strider1234 wrote:

mike

I don't think so.. but well.. maybe contact Wupass and ask if there is a way to find out...

Jan 27 2011, 7:37 pm - Replied by: Savage223-AOM-  -AOM-
Savage223-AOM-  -AOM-

Ninja; no dice, it tells me the CD was already used.

I'll surely do what Sugar suggests, because she IS my hero! :)

Thanks both of you!!!!

See ya'll in game!

Jan 27 2011, 10:09 pm - Replied by: Warhorse -
Warhorse -

A glitch with the cd key system. If you entered it onto your account you cannot get it removed. The Kyle has verified this glitch back in 2009. 
Jan 28 2011, 3:05 am - Replied by: sog.Ninjaman  .sog.
sog.Ninjaman  .sog.

Warhorse - wrote:
A glitch with the cd key system. If you entered it onto your account you cannot get it removed. The Kyle has verified this glitch back in 2009. 

It's not a glitch - it is done on purpose to help close down the "2nd user" market for Nova games.  If you are going to buy a Nova game, Nova want the money to go to them, not anyone else.

The same applies to EA games, though they have come up with an added twist.  If you buy a "pre-owned" EA game and find the key in use, you can have it released for only $10.

Jan 11 2022, 7:14 pm - Replied by: FS-ROADY  *FS*
FS-ROADY  *FS*

My current computer does not have a cd rom so how can i get a digital copy of a game i already own and install it on my computer.  I would also like to add aw2 to my mods on steem is this even posible.

© Copyright 2024 Novalogic Inc